Overhead welding booms are the kind of industrial equipment that solve multiple issues at once. MIG welding rigs are powerful machines, but their bulk makes working around large workpieces a chore. Boom arms are designed to:
- Reduce non-welding activities
- Remove shop floor clutter
- Keep cords out of the way and safe
- Increase safety
With all welding-related equipment in one place, the boom system allows the welder to have total control of the entire welding area and free access to any angle on the welding piece.
Interested in a Demo?
Looking to purchase? Let us quote your next welding boom!
The design of the WELDPRO 360 MIG Welding arm is built around the concept of untethered rotation. With a sturdy vertical supporting column, a base with a wide diameter, and a large-diameter, base-mounted bearing, the boom can easily and safely be rotated, even with 1,000-pound drums of welding wire and gas canisters. A double-articulated joint arm eliminates the dead zones that many MIG welder boom designs have.
WELDPRO overhead boom arms place the welder controls at the end of the welding arm, always within easy reach of the operator. As the weld boom rotates to a new position, the controls go with it. Easy control access is crucial for safety, but it is also a key feature that enhances productivity and weld quality. Adjustments for voltage and wire speed can be made on the fly without having to walk back and forth to the welding machine.
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Bi-directional rotation of 192 degrees
- Boom reach – 36′ diameter
- Welding reach – Anywhere with a 56′ diameter semi-circle with 15′ mig gun
- Secondary arm raises and lowers 5′-6″
- Wireless remote raises and lowers secondary arm and unlocks and locks brake to rotate primary boom arm
- Double articulated boom eliminates dead zones
- Conduit – 22.43′ with .035-.065 wire liner
- UL listed electrical components
- Powder coated finish
- Integrated fume extraction systems that move with the welding arm
- Fume extraction guns – air or water cooled
- Welding wire enclosures for 44 or 60 Lb spools – keeps dust and dirt out of wire
- Floor mounted column – 8′ height under welding arm
- Mobile base, WP360-LRW – 58″ SQ x 119″ H – includes:
- 423134 WLD, mobile base
- 422934 WLD 8′ column
- 422961 ASM, gas cylinder mount
Not included – (12) – 2″ x 6″ x 39.875″ HR Flat Bars – Required for counterbalance weight of 1630 lbs, to be provided by the customer at the time of installation
"*" indicates required fields