A CUT ABOVE THE REST
What Is an Engine Driven Welder?
Not all welding jobs take place in a shop or near an adequate power source. When the process requires an independent power source, engine drives can provide any weld through diesel, propane, or gasoline generators.
Engine-driven welders are used for outdoor purposes, and most can be transported on a truck or trailer to the job site. They can support most forms of welding methods, making them versatile and valuable equipment.
- Stick welding
- Flux-cored welding machines
- MIG welders
- TIG welders
How to Choose an Engine Driven Welder
CK Supply has an extensive line of engine drives to buy or rent, and when choosing a unit, there are many things to consider before making the investment.
- Portability – Gasoline engine drives tend to be smaller and more portable, which helps if the intended application requires the welder to be lifted or carried to the work area.
- Fuel consumption – Engine drives commonly use gasoline, diesel, and propane as fuel and each option offers different benefits. Gasoline engines are smaller, while diesel engines are more fuel-efficient.
- Power capacity – Engine drives can provide between 5,000 and 20,000 watts of power, which means the more robust options can simultaneously run power tools or air compressors.
- Application – Always consider the materials being welded and the intended job’s size before choosing the welding machine for the job.
Refine Your Welding Skills With Our Welding Training Courses
Our Hil Bax Tech Center offers specialized multi-day or single-day training courses for all welding processes. Either virtual or hands-on, these training courses can concentrate on new techniques or the latest welding equipment. We also offer free classes with any equipment sale, so if your employees need training for your new engine drive, we’ve got you covered.
CK Supply is the local leader for welding supplies and equipment. For over 70 years, we’ve supplied the welding products and expertise that local businesses need to get the job done. Locally owned and operated, CK Supply is always dedicated to our customers. Call us today for more information about engine drives or any welding equipment or supplies your business needs.